Classic Cannabis Infused Pesto Sauce
A versatile sauce.This pesto by Cannabis Cheri is a wonderful medicated utility recipe to have around because it has so many uses. Serve versatile pesto sauce with pasta or over steamed or grilled vegetables, chicken, fish, or tofu for an instant meal. You can even use a light coating of pesto instead of sauce on pizza.With strong flavor components like fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese, you’ll never notice the taste of the cannabis-infused oil in this recipe. Buy basil on sale and make a big batch of medicated pesto to keep in your freezer for longer storage. That way you can spoon out just the amount you need at any given time.This recipe uses Marijuana Oil, specifically marijuana olive oil, to medicate this recipe. Check out Cannabis Cheri’s Making Marijuana Oil tutorial to help you learn how to make it.A note about the Dosing on this recipe!This recipe will have about 44 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take Cannabis Cheri’s FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup Loosely Packed Fresh Basil
- 3/4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Toasted Pine Nuts or Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Cannabis Infused Olive Oil
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender combine basil, garlic, Parmesan, and pine nuts or walnuts. Process to mix.
- With machine running, slowly drizzle in canna-olive oil and regular olive oil, if using.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe serves 8, at 2 tablespoons each.