Baked Ham and Egg Cups
A one stop breakfast treat.We just love this self-contained breakfast recipe from Cannabis Cheri. Ham slices form the cup the eggs are baked in. A muffin pan makes easy work of this simple recipe that always gets raves!The cannabis in this recipe is added via a medicated pesto that you can also use in a variety of other ways. As the recipe makes about a half cup of pesto, you will have leftovers. It keeps well in the freezer. Try using the leftover pesto over pasta or on steamed veggies, or fish. You can even use it as a savory bread spread when making Italian style sandwiches. You could also make more of this recipe of course.A note about the dosing:This recipe will have about 28 mg THC per serving if you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take Cannabis Cheri’s FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana.
Total Time 40 minutes
FOR THE PESTO
- 1/2 cup Loosely Packed Fresh Basil
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Toasted Pine Nuts or Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Cannabis Infused Olive Oil
FOR THE EGG CUPS
- 8 slices Deli Ham
- 1/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Italian Cheese Blend
- 8 tsp Medicated Pesto
- 8 Eggs
- 8 Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
- To prepare pesto, in the bowl of a food processor or blender combine basil, garlic, Parmesan, and pine nuts or walnuts. Process to mix. With machine running, slowly drizzle in canna-olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 8 cups in a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray. Press a slice of ham onto the bottom and up the sides of each of the muffin cups. Divide the cheese among the ham lined cups, followed by a teaspoon of pesto in each cup. Carefully break an egg into each cup.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until egg whites are set, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before using a knife to carefully remove the baked egg cups from the pan. Top each baked egg cup with 2 cherry tomato halves and another teaspoon of pesto serve immediately.