Bloody Mary Canna
An artisanal Bloody Mary with a twist
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 lbs Organic Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Loosely Packed Katsuobushi or Bonito Flakes
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Wasabi
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 tsp Pot D'Huile*
- 4 shots Vodka
- Chili Pepper Flakes
- Blend everything (except for the Pot D’Huile, vodka and pepper flakes) until smooth.
- Cover mixture and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place muslin cloth in the strainer over the mixing bowl. Make sure that the strainer’s circumference is slightly bigger than the bowl’s so that the consommé has room to drip.
- Slowly pour mixture into the muslin strainer. Gather the edges at the top and tie them together with a twine to create a filter bag.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Chill 4-6 glasses.
- Emulsify EVOO with vodka by placing them in a lidded jar and shaking vigorously for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Squeeze the remaining consommé out of the muslin bag, taste and season again with salt and vinegar.
- Mix pepper flakes and salt in a plate.
- Rub the rims of the glasses with a wedge of lime and dip them in the salt mixture.
- Divide consommé and vodka emulsion into the glasses. Serve with ice cubes, pickles and a wedge of lime.