April 3 is National Chocolate Mousse Day. How will you celebrate it?
A simple yet elegant dessert, the chocolate mousse has captivated American cooks since its recipe was first published in the Boston Daily Globe in 1897. Since then, many variations of the chocolate mousse have appeared, although its characteristic foam-like texture has remained consistent.
This recipe by The Wellness Soldier creates a unique spin on this classic French dessert. The combination of avocado, coconut cream and cacao powder provides a decadent creaminess to the dish, while hemp hearts and pistachios add a unique crunchy and nutty flavor.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse w/ Hemp Heart & Pistachio Crust
Ingredients for the Chocolate Avocado Mousse Crust:
- 2/3 cup hemp hearts
- 8 pitted dates
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2/3 cup pistachios (Unsalted)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until well incorporated and able to hold shape when pressed together.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and form your crust.
- Set crust aside for filling.
Ingredients for the Chocolate Avocado Mousse Filling:
- 2 large avocados
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 ml cannabis oil (or your dosage of cannabis oil)
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Turn on food processor and incorporate all ingredients.
- Taste, season, taste.
- Place mixture into crust and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
- Serve, eat well, and be happy.