A perfect snack or breakfast treat
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 2 tbsp Turbinado Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Pot D'Huile Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- Orange Zest From One Orange
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Banana
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease the sides of a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, 3/4 cup sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt. Fold in chocolate wafers.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine olive oil, yogurt, orange zest, eggs, and vanilla. Fold in mashed bananas.
- Fold flour mixture into wet ingredients, stirring just until flour is mixed in.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking dish, sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and slide into oven. Bake 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs attached and the top is golden brown. Keep a close eye toward the end of cook time so as not to over bake.
- Cool 20 minutes, release from baking dish and cool completely or eat right away. Tightly covered, banana bread will keep several days at room temperature.