Shrimp and Okra Etouffee
A delicious seafood and veggie medley
- 2 lbs Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 cups Okra
- 1/3 cup Infused Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Celery Cut Thin
- 1/3 cup Mixed Sweet Peppers
- 1/3 cup Green Peppers
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Oil (prefer Grapeseed) TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- 3 tbsp Dried Cannabis TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- 1 tbsp Garlic TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- 2 tbsp Paprika TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- .5 tsp Sea Salt TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- .25 tsp Black Pepper TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- .25 tsp White Pepper TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- 1 Bay Leaf TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- 1 can Tomato Juice TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice TO MAKE THE SHRIMP MARINADE
In a large bowl, mix all shrimp marinade ingredients. Add peeled, deveined shrimp to the marinade, making sure that all the shrimp are evenly coated. Set aside in refrigerator for 30 mins.
In a large heavy skillet, add 4 tablespoons of infused coconut oil over high heat. Saute okra, mixed peppers, celery, and bell peppers in the hot oil until slightly softened. This will take about 4 minutes. Transfer veggies to a large bowl.
In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons infused coconut oil. Sear marinated shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Keep the rest of the marinade.
Once shrimp is cooked, add veggie mixture, remaining marinade from shrimp and drained tomato juice to the skillet. Lower heat and mix all ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. For higher potency, add 1 tablespoon infused coconut oil and simmer.
For thicker sauce, while simmering, slowly pour in cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved into 2 tablespoons cold water). Make sure to whisk while pouring sauce, as it will thicken up quickly.
Remove from heat, garnish and serve over jasmine rice.