The Medicated Mac and Cheese
When only the creamiest, cheesiest of meals will do, we look to comfort foods like the quintessential mac and cheese to satiate our cravings. This Medicated Mac and Cheese recipe by Keena Moffett of Creative Maven elevates this comfort dish with the addition of cannabis infused butter to the mix.
2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cup cannabis infused butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups milk
8 ounces mild cheddar cheese
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a casserole dish.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add macaroni, and cook until not quite done, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the cannabis butter over medium heat. Blend in the flour, mustard powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly stir in the milk, beating out any lumps.
- Add the cheeses, (reserving 1/2 C for later) and stir constantly until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Drain noodles, pour into casserole dish and stir them with beaten eggs.
- Pour warm cheese sauce over noodles, and stir well.
- Cover the dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
About the Chef:
Keena is the force behind Creative Maven, a full scale brand management from conception through execution to cannabis entrepreneurs and businesses looking to create an authentic brand and image for their idea or company. She is an entrepreneur, chef, cannabis author and a brand strategist who is constantly inspired and excited by all of the amazing cannabis entrepreneurs and business owners who allow the plant to shine in all of its magnificence.
To learn more about Keena, check out her interview here.